Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today's Challenge: Lunch

If dinner time is like Iron Chef America in my mind, then lunch is like Chopped on Food Network. I often stare at my pantry and fridge and ponder, "what to make OTHER than a PB&J." Today was exactly one of those days.

In my "basket" was fresh spinach and thawed bacon and 15 minutes to make something to eat. Oh darn! I made a salad. It was ridiculously easy and simple and quite honestly delicious. I chopped up a celery stalk, one carrot, some grape tomatoes, two slices of bacon and one big handful of fresh spinach. Top with a little Italian vinegarette and viola.

I was so proud I took a picture!



Healthy to boot! All the ingredients (minus the bacon) were raw and in their un-adulterated form. Only thing that would have made this better were some homemade croutons, but I had neither the time nor the ingredients to make them. Next time I suppose.


What do you do for lunch when you have a limited time?

No comments:

Post a Comment