Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Slow Cooker Meal: Beef Stew with Bacon, Onion and Sweet Potato

First and foremost, regarding yesterday's post, I am thankful for my teeth. They allow me to eat an abundance of wonderful foods. I am thankful that my son is healthy enough to get his own set of teeth. I hate teething. Vince has been incredibly fussy because of it and hasn't been keen on napping either. Today was a much better day.

We did a slow cooker meal today since it was my first day back at work. I'm working from home and taking care of Vince at the same time, so I didn't want anything that would be too much work or overly stressful. Plus this recipe fit in perfect with our "slow cooker meal a week" plan. :)

Ingredients

1 pound stew meat
14.5 ounces of beef broth
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 2 inch chunks
1 large onion, cut into 1.5 inch chunks
2 slices of bacon, diced
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Procedure:

1. Throw the above ingredients into a slow cooker
2. Leave it alone on low for 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours
3. Eat

The one and only picture:



Admittedly, I didn't peel the sweet potatoes. It took Marc 3/4 of the bowl to notice, and they were such a pain to do I honestly didn't care. We ended up adding salt and pepper to our individual bowls at well. Otherwise it turned out really good. We'll be having the leftovers for dinner tomorrow.

Did you slow cook anything this week? Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment