Monday, March 5, 2012

Attack of the Plague

This was a rough weekend. Marc and I are both fighting the plague. I'm not a good sick person, and thankfully Marc is much better than I am about it.

Friday was pretty nice. Remember that vegan friend I mentioned? Her fiance and she came up for a visit and I was able to try out a chickpea snack recipe I had found. She also brought up this ridiculously tasty snack mix (raisins, dried cranberries, almonds and pistachios), along with cut up broccoli, carrots, red and yellow peppers and tomatoes. We had a really great visit and learned some great gardening tips. Hopefully Marc and I will be able to build our mini garden soon.

Saturday and Sunday were very chill days. We spent one of our evenings playing Monopoly by candlelight while riding out a power outage. Our days were spent practicing our crafts. Marc has a new lighting kit for his photography and I've been working on sewing a blanket for Vince to play on. We managed to spread out all over the living room and dining room doing it:

Our Monopoly game still on the floor with candles around it and Marc's photo equipment in the back

My sewing station on the dining room table



Here's the recipe for our chickpea snacks. They were actually really good and I was surprised how tasty they were. Marc and our friends were impressed too!

Ingredients:

1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp red chili pepper flakes

Procedure:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas, pat dry
3. Combine spices and oil in a small bowl
4. Stir in beans until evenly coated
5. Bake 30-40 minutes

Pictures:

The spices 

After rubbing the chickpeas through the spices 

Baking!


I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Sorry! This week is going to be full of off the cuff ideas and just throwing stuff together. We tried to meal plan yesterday but it wasn't very successful and this is shaping up to be a busy week.


How did your weekend go? Make anything new?

No comments:

Post a Comment