Thursday, January 19, 2012

Confessions

I have a confession to make....I hate to exercise. I even think hate isn't strong enough of a word. I loathe exercising. On the other hand though, I love results. I love hopping on the scale and seeing the number go down. I love flexing my arm and seeing a little bump. Therefore, I must make this whole...exercising thing fun.

How do we do this? Through the utilization of technology.

Marc secured invites for he and I to Fitocracy.



It's so cool. You gain points for entering the exercises you do that day. There are achievements, quests and levels to navigate through. It appeals to me on a nerdy level AND on a motivation level. They have descriptions of different exercises for different parts of the body so when what I know how to do gets old, I have a built-in way to find new ideas.


Fitocracy links up with RunKeeper. RunKeeper is available as a website and a free iPhone App. It might be available for Android, but I don't know to be sure. 


RunKeeper utilizes GPS to track your distance and speed for walks/runs and other distance activities. When you finish, you hit a button and it sends it to RunKeeper's website and Fitocracy in order to track it all. How neat is that? I adore it. Saves time and effort!


There are a plethora of apps for mobile phones and tablets to help keep on track. The internet has a small army of tools to use too.

What do you use? How do you avoid the exercise rut?

1 comment:

  1. I used to use runkeeper, but the app kept stopping in the middle of me walking/biking and it was upsetting me, cuz it wasn't accurate. I've used sparkpeople.com in the past, and it was okay, not my favorite... And I'm right there with you.. I absolutely HATE exercising, but i NEED to do it so bad.

    ReplyDelete