Thursday, September 16, 2010

Slacker!

Yup! That's me. I've taken the past few nights to work on a few projects and sleep. Oh, the glory of sleep.

Which leads me to another thing. Another beautiful thing about this project is the requirement for communication. Marc and I have to talk to each other about what to eat, what we want, who's cooking what, etc. It allows us to compromise, laugh and get to know each other. (more than we did, because we know each other..that's why we got married..heh) We communicated this week about skipping the frozen chicken and going out to our local pizza and beer place. It was delicious! And they had a new German beer for Oktoberfest. Mmmm...beer.

I love my job. One of the best things about my job is that we have a cafeteria. Now, I'm not talking about your everyday hospital-type-food cafeteria. This thing is downright awesome. There's fresh pizza, made-to-order foods, a hot station and sandwiches. Each month or so they "feature" different sandwiches (stay with me...this is getting to a point). We had a chicken pita one month at work. It was sooo good I couldn't wait until it came back. And then it did (like 4 months later). Tired of waiting for it to return (t-minus 2 more months), I brought the recipe home and did it here.

So we had sandwiches for dinner. They were filling, easy and didn't require any side dishes.


Chicken Bacon Pita Thingies


Ingredients

Pita Bread
Bacon
Ranch Dressing
Swiss Cheese
Baby Spinach
Chicken


Procedure:

1. Cook bacon to desired doneness
2. Grill chicken (or bake or sear) till done
3. Dice chicken
4. Smear ranch dressing on top of pita (similar to mustard or mayo)
5. Add swiss cheese
6. Add bacon
7. Add chicken
8. Add spinach
9. Press
10. Eat!


Notes:

1. I use a griddle to cook my bacon. It allows the excess fat to be scraped away and it's easy to clean. I find it a lot easier than a frying pan.

2. We use a Foreman Grill for the chicken and the pressing. We cook the chicken on it, then use some water to rinse off the "cooked on" parts and then put our sandwiches in it to press. Why buy a sandwich presser when you can have a multi-tasker

No comments:

Post a Comment