Saturday, February 11, 2012

Come Back Soul!

Remember that post from Monday about how I would be super creative this week and have neat stuff going on?


Ha! Right! Work ate my heart, brain and soul this week. Phooey.


I did manage to make one neat little dish for us. Remember that rib-eye that was just sitting on top of the deep freeze? Well I pulled it out and cooked it.

After thawing I wrapped it in some bacon I had thawed from my salad:

And broiled it until it looked about done. (I still need to buy a meat thermometer)


I used a mandolin that we received at Christmas to slice some fresh carrots and onions.

Cut the meat in half and served with a biscuit that was left over from breakfast that morning.


I felt so proud. I was utilizing food that was already thawed/made, fresh ingredients AND portion control.

Seriously, that filled us up. I was shocked and stoked all at the same time.


We're gonna give this whole, "New, fun, creative dinners," thing a whirl again this week. Hopefully this week will be filled with more family time and less overtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment