Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hello Autumn

How do you know that autumn has arrived in Florida? Because the grocery store has different types of squash and pumpkins and orangey-yellow flowers. It was a pleasant surprise when I walked in after work today to grab something for dinner.

Being the slackers we can be we haven't meal planned this week at all. (Go us, right?) We had our normal cheat day on Tuesday, so today I swung by the grocery mart.

Marriage is about compromise. We were told this by everyone we met that has been married, and during the readings at our wedding. Food for us is no different. I love roast beef. I'm not super picky about which part of the moo cow I'm roasting, it just better be red on the inside. Marc, however, is not a fan. But since I went grocery shopping and cooked, he didn't get a choice (much like the lasagna night).

Therefore I present tonight, my super simple, super tasty (in my opinion) roast beef.

Homemade Roast  Beef

Ingredients:
Beef Roast
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Oregano
Salt
Pepper

Procedure:

1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Remove any excess fat from roast beef.
3. Generously cover with the above spices
4. Place meat thermometer in center of roast
5. Roast until meat reaches 145 degrees (for medium rare)
6. Remove roast from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes
7. Slice however you wish and eat!


It took approximately an hour and a half to two hours to cook at approximately 4 inches tall. I made baked potatoes to go with it. Just washed the potatoes, wrapped them in aluminum foil with some butter and popped them straight on the rake. They cooked for the same amount of time as the meat. I love side dishes that are auto-done with the main dish. So much easier that way.

The leftovers will not make it to another night. I'm going to turn them into sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment