Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hooray Free Stuff

I love stuff for free. In fact, I would say I'm a big fan of it. While reading the news today I found an article about using seasonally grown items in cuisine. There was a link for a free cookbook. Well, Barilla (the pasta people) are doing a drive to raise funds for Meals on Wheels. In return you get a cookbook.

So - go get yours too and help a good cause.

Go here:  http://www.barillaus.com/Pages/Share-The-Table-Landing.aspx

On the right it says: Do you believe in meaningful meals? Click where it says, "Yes, I do!"

A pop up will show on the screen. Click where it says, "Celebrity Pasta Lovers Cookbook"

From there you will be able to open a PDF file of a pasta filled cookbook.

There are recipes from Mario Batali, Martina McBride, Andy Roddick and many others. Some are pretty basic as far as pasta goes, others sound delicious. We might pick up a few and try cooking them.

So since we did left over shepherd's pie last night, and left over chicken parm tonight, this will have to hold you over until our next great experiment in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. I love this for 3 reasons:
    1) I love free stuff tooooo!
    2) I'm currently an intern case manager at Meals & Wheels for my social work internship and I know how badly they need more fund raising to be done.
    3) I love to cook! Yay!

    Thanks for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete